PennBid’s No-Cost DBE Notification & Reporting Services (Available in PA)
See a final DBE Report by downloading the PDF file below.
A number of funding sources (grants, loans, etc.) require notification of Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs) as part of the bidding process. In general, DBEs are comprised of: MBE, WBE, LGBTBE, Disabled Owned BE, Service-Disabled Veteran BE and Veteran BE. This notification and reporting process can be cumbersome, time consuming, and requires accuracy and extensive documentation.
The PennBid Program completes required electronic DBE notifications for many engineering firms and public agencies and provides a Final Report that can be sent to the funding agency. Currently, this service is only available in Pennsylvania, and is provided at no cost to those who are utilizing PennBid.
The PennBid staff develops a list of suggested search codes based on the type of project. Searches are state-wide unless otherwise directed. Once codes are selected and a copy of the public notice is provided, our office begins the DBE process.
We conduct a search through several state databases that produces dated, electronic documentation.
Most funding sources will require two or three notifications. PennBid meets these guidelines by sending three notifications regardless of funding type.
Within 24-hours of your Bid Opening, you will receive a detailed Final Report that can be provided to the funding agency. The report will contain:
- Codes Searched
- Total number of DBE Firms included in initial distribution
- Time and date of Notifications
- Summary of Notification Results (Open rate percentage and number of DBE firms who took an action based on each Notification)
- Copy of electronic notification
- Copy of all search results (including non-Pa vendors)
- Listing of each company (date and time stamped) who responded to Notifications